FY 2016 Grants
POOL SAFELY GRANT PROGRAM TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
The application deadline for Funding Opportunity Announcement CPSC-16-001 closed September 15, 2015. Grant funds were awarded on December 11, 2015, to the following organizations:
|City of Bridgeport, CT||$74,973.00|
|District of Columbia Department of Health||$170,250.00|
|Florida Department of Health, Broward County||$250,000.00|
|Florida Department of Health, Lake County||$155,061.00|
|City of Stamford, CT||$131,252.00|
|A project description for each grant supported project is available here.|
Purpose of the Pool Safely Grant Program (PSGP)
In accordance with the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act (VGB Act), the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is accepting applications for the Fiscal Year 2016 Pool Safely Grant Program (PSGP). The purpose of this program is to prevent the drowning and drain entrapments of children in pools and spas. The PSGP seeks to provide state and local governments with assistance to implement enforcement and education programs to prevent the drowning and drain entrapment of children in pools and spas.
This funding opportunity will award $1 million in FY 2016.
This program is authorized under the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act, Pub. L. No. 110-140, Title XIV, as amended, 15 U.S.C. §§ 8004-8005. Read the Act here.
Pool Safely Grant Program–Technical Assistance
- PGSP Press Release
- Funding Opportunity Announcement (updated)
- Application Narrative and Review Criteria Comparison
- Pre-Award Frequently Asked Questions (updated)
- Pool Safely Grant Program – Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar Presentation Slides
- Pool Safely Grant Program – Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar Presentation Audio
- Pool Safely Grant Program – Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar Presentation Audio Transcript
Forms – PSGP Grantees, please reference the Funding Opportunity Announcement and your Notice of Award for specific instructions and requirements pertaining to your awards and the award forms below.
- SF-270 Request for Advance or Reimbursement
- Administrative Requirements and Instructions for Requesting Payments using the SF-270
- SF-424a Budget
- SF-425 Federal Financial Report
- SF-PPR Performance Progress Report
- PSGP Final Report Template
For more information related to the program, business, administrative, or fiscal issues, or for technical assistance related to this grant, contact:
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
4330 East West Highway
Bethesda, MD 20814