Find Qualified Engineers & Professionals

A qualified engineer or pool professional can play a critical role in ensuring that a residential pool or spa is operating safely. By properly installing safety devices or accurately measuring the water flow rate through a spa or hot tub, these professionals help maintain the security of residential pools or spas.

image of Public Swimming PoolCPSC recommends contacting state or local health departments to find a qualified professional or design engineer in your area to complete safety upgrades on your pool or spa.

These professionals are licensed or certified within each state and should operate as a legitimate business carrying insurance or a similar type of protection.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides a link to state health departments.

Who is Virginia Graeme Baker?

Seven-year-old Virginia Graeme Baker’s tragic death inspired her family to advocate for pool and spa safety and moved Congress to act to prevent entrapments. 
Read more about her story

The Pool and Spa Safety Act: Staff interpretation and updates


Find the most up to date requirements for the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act.